Congratulations IBOP Participants
1. 85 Yfke fan Fjildsicht owned by Iron Spring Farm – IBOP Cup winner, recipient of $500, and will receive a ISF?FHANA Cooler
2. 83 Ynskje W. owned by Jack Vanderkooy-Recipient of $250, and will receive a ISF/FHANA Cooler
3. 82 Tristan TCF owned by Scott & Shelley Kelnhofer & Beth & Richard Sharp, will receive a ISF/FHANA Cooler
4. 80.5 Elysee MFR owned by Ruth Page will receive a ISF/FHANA Cooler
5. *80 Thiadrik fan Matthys’ Meadow owned by Dr. Paul Woods will receive a ISF/FHANA Cooler
*Tie was broken in the FHANA office
Dream Gait Friesians Driven IBOP Cup Top Five:
1. 81.5 Sjaantje owned by Gail Aumiller-Driving IBOP Cup Winner, receipient of $500, and will receive a DGF/FHANA Cooler
2. 79 Pajero owned by Lea Huber-Recipient of $250, and will receive a DGF/FHANA Cooler
3. 77.5 Tjalliena fan Hylpen owned by Judy & Richard Severson will receive a DGF/FHANA Cooler
3. 77.5 Wonderful ISF owned by Debra Zombek will receive a DGF/FHANA Cooler
5. 76 Tsjalle fan Pleasant Hill owned by Douwe and Maaike Plantinga will receive a DGF/FHANA Cooler
Congratualations to all of our IBOP Participants for a job well done!!!
Adult Amateur – Training Level
|1||Stella Briljante||70.400||Shannon Icenhour||Share Page|
|2||Arend ut it Roekefjild||69.200||Tonna Farrar||Share Page|
|3||Alchemy||62.200||Heatherlun Uphold||Share Page|
|4||Arabella fan Camelot||61.900||Lindsey Brownlee||Share Page|
|5||Lueka||61.000||Kara Mastern||Share Page|
Adult Amateur – First Level
2014 FHANA Annual General Meeting
Save the date: The 2014 FHANA Annual General Meeting will take place Feb. 6-8, 2014 in the Emerald City, Seattle, WA.
The AGM committee consisting of Scott Kelnhofer, Chairmen, Ruth Baugh, Marvel Jeffcoat, Kay Veinotte, Marc DiLeo & Will Bron have started to put together what should be a terrific weekend. The weekend will include special guest speakers in the areas of Dressage, Driving, Health Education, and the KFPS. The weekend will also include various tour opportunities in and around Seattle.
The host hotel will be the Embassy Suites Seattle Airport which is minutes from the Seattle-Tacoma International
Airport. FHANA has negotiated a terrific room rate which includes
King Suite $139/night (sleeps 4)
Double Suite $139/night (sleeps 6)
Online Reservations click here
Phone: 1-800-Embassy Group Code FHA
Cutoff date 1/14/2014
- Complimentary shuttle to and from Sea/TacInternational Airport-No Rental Car Necessary
- Within walking distance to light rail train systemwithin minutes to downtown Seattle
- Complimentary Cooked to order breakfast and beverages nightly at the Manager’s Reception.
- Fitness Center, Indoor Pool, & Sauna
The updated Driving IBOP test (which includes the canter) is available for download below, and along with this form you will also find the most up to date information for all of the IBOP tests.
More at http://www.fhana.com/
The inspections are quickly approaching. Don’t forget to register your mares, stallions, geldings or foals for one of the many inspections that take place throughout North America.
You can register on the FHANA website.
Inspection Sites and Dates:
Debate Regarding Cantering in the Driving IBOP
Photo: Courtesy Rick Osteen
Recently the KFPS member council debated over the addition of adding the Canter to the Driving IBOP. The debate consisted of additional training time, and the Canter might lead to lower Driving IBOP Results. Another discussion topic was that some don’t accept the Canter as an overall ‘basic gait’. During the member council meeting held on May 24th, and after consultation with the IBOP Drivers (approximately 100), it was determined that IBOP Driving Horses should be presented in Canter. The outcome has led the studbook (KFPS) to conclude that, on average inclusion of the Canter will not produce lower scores or longer preparation times. The performance test judges and the sports council established that even without extra training time the canter of these horses turned out to be of surprisingly good quality and judging the canter was no problem. Still, the research did not carry enough weight to lift all concerns of some Council members, but nonetheless the majority of the members were in favor of the suggestion. This change has been approved and will be effective for 2013. A new test is currently being translated and will be posted soon.
2012 FHANA President’s Trophy-Meredith Talley, Paducah, KY
2012 Performance Dressage Winner-Stacey Posthumus, Lowell, MI
2012 Performance Driving Winner-Gail Aumiller, Carlisle, PA
2012 Performance Youth Dressage Winner-Anya Anding-Grand Rapids, MI
2012 Friesian Affaire USDF All Breeds Winner-Julie Roche, Richfield, WI
2012 FHANA Volunteer of the Year-Ruth Baugh, Cynthiana, KY
2012 Chapter of the Year-South Central Friesian Horse Club, Julee Kula-President
- 2nd place-Northwest Friesian Horse Club
- 3rd place-Mid Atlantic Friesian Horse Club
- 4th place-Great Lakes Friesian Horse Club
- 5th place-Ohio Valley Friesian Horse Association
The top seven chapters were seperated by less than 20 points.
Results of the FHANA Stallion Auction
The FHANA Stallion Auction has now come to a close and the breeding to Lolke 371 Sport was the top selling breeding won by Amy Rogala.
Congratulations go out to the following successful bidders, we look forward to seeing the resulting foals!
Anne 340 Sport-Darlene Brescia
Sibald 380-George Cowan
Sape 381 Sport-Gail Aumiller
Mintse 384 Sport-Christina Caporole
Teade 392 Sport-Lynn Schmidt
Feike 395 Sport-Darlene Brescia
Fridse 423 Sport-Tonja Landis
Alert 475 Sport-Beth Kornegay
Date 477-Beth Kornegay